Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Look! A Food Truck: Pizza Truck NYC

I saw this truck in Union Square in the exact spot where the mobile outfit of East Village classic pizzeria Vinny Vincenz regularly parks its pizza truck. This new truck bears more than a striking resemblance to the old one. My sources reveal that this is actually the new Vinny Vincenz truck. So, that's that.

My sources also reveal that while the pies are not baked fresh in the truck, the pre-made crusts (in the bag, above) are in fact baked just a few short blocks away at the brick and mortar location, and then topped and freshened up in the truck its self. I didn't try a slice, but I think it's probably a safe bet - I can't think of a more archtypal "solid NY slice" than the ones that Vinny Vincenz churns out, and the mobile operation sounds legit.

No comments: